Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snippets

I don't write down the funny stuff my kids say often enough, so here's an installment of some treasures from Gabriel.

Andrew's Dad: I'd quite like to have a granddaughter.

Me: You think that, but you wouldn't know what to do with a girl. You'd tease her one time and she'd go to pieces.

G: (sounding incredulous and slightly concerned) And then she would die?

Me: (sighing) No, sweetie, I just meant that she would be sad and cry. Not that she'd actually break into pieces.

G: Oh.

**

Me: (at the dinner table, frustrated that my four year-old keeps interrupting the conversation I'm attempting to have with Andrew - that didn't seem ridiculous until I typed it just now) Gabriel, it's rude to interrupt!

G: Like a volcano?!

Me: (after leaving the dinner table to laugh at my son's confusion in private and returning) Gabriel, volcanoes don't "interrupt." Volcanoes "erupt."

G: Oh

**

(This one's from about a year back, during a time when Gabriel was *majorly* into the story of David and Goliath.)

Me: (sitting on the sofa while Gabriel flails his arms in the direction of my face and makes windy/breezy noises)Gabriel, what are you doing?!

G: I've come to fight you in the name of God!

Me: Gabriel, for the last time, I am NOT Goliath, and you may NOT pretend to fight me! And don't fight your brother either!

G: (I don't actually remember what he said, but I'm sure it was the sort of typical toddler grumbling that usually follows a parent ruining said toddler's fun.)

**

Hope that made you smile, wherever you are in the world.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

No comments: