Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dimly

During my readings this week, two thoughts have stayed with me: I really want to watch The Prince of Egypt again (and wish Netflix had it available instantly), and I've taken notice of the numerous times the theme of the firstborn son appears in the story of the Hebrews' exodus from Egypt.

I cannot help but wonder if God's command to Abraham to kill his only son Isaac is meant mostly - i f not entirely - as one of the first times we begin to see the magnitude of the sacrifice God Himself will make in allowing His only Son to die for our sake. This is not a new idea or one I believe is unique to myself, but I wonder if it's an interpretation of that story's purpose that I dismissed too quickly when I read it a couple of weeks ago.

I'll leave you with 1 Corinthians 13:12, a verse which I didn't realize came at the conclusion of the "Love" passage until just a few moments before I composed this post.

No comments: